Mr. Rogers died yesterday at age 74. His death was announced by — honest to god — Mr. McFeely, aka family spokesman David Newell.
Other recent arrivals to Mr. Rogers’ underground neighborhood include:
- Vera Hruba Ralston, ice skater & actress, 79
- Curt Hennig aka “Mr. Perfect”, pro wrestler, 44
- Ron Ziegler, White House press secretary (Nixon administration), 63
- Kid Gavilan, boxer, 77
- Johnny Longden, jockey, 96
- Johnny Paycheck, country singer, best known for his 1977 hit, “Take This Job and Shove It,” 64