Dan Fogelberg, 1951-2007

18 Dec 2007 /
Dan Fogelberg

Among other accomplishments, Dan Fogelberg wrote “Longer,” one of the two worst songs I’ve ever heard, the other being “Sometimes When We Touch” by Dan Hill, who is unfortunately still alive.

Aside from that, he seems to have been a very decent man.

6 Comments on Dan Fogelberg, 1951-2007 »

1. Krys

18 Dec 2007 @ 1:32 pm

You may not have liked “Longer,” but he *was* a great talent, and “a very decent man.”
    I would recommend you listen to a variety of his songs, from any number of his albums. His breadth of talent is astounding.

2. Mike

19 Dec 2007 @ 5:59 am

If not for a girlfriend back in the day-(csn&y was my fav)–I would never have listened to him——–actually very heart felt music, and worth a listen.

3. Jan

19 Dec 2007 @ 9:50 am

I agree with both Krys and Mike. I loved Dan! I think what PE is saying is that he doesn’t like the GENRE of folk/jazz singer/songwriters. I’m guessing that he doesn’t like David Wilcox, Bonnie Raitt, James Taylor and the like…probably more of a Menudo fan! JK…

4. PE

PE

19 Dec 2007 @ 12:19 pm

Hi Jan –

I love James Taylor. His music, I mean. Who’s David Wilcox? Bonnie Raitt, so-so, but I really like Joni Mitchell.

Mike mentioned CSNY, who I also liked, especially Y. S I always thought was a little overrated, although “For What It’s Worth” is a fave.

No Dan Hill fans?

5. Jan

20 Dec 2007 @ 9:15 am

Don’t forget that For What It’s Worth was Buffalo Springfield…NOT CSNY. They performed it in…get this…my HIGH SCHOOL GYM…in 1967. I was still in junior high, but my mom let me go. They must have just released it, and they hadn’t made it HUGE yet…otherwise, why would they be playing a high school. Anyway, I know I’m dating myself (is that even possible?). In terms of Dan Hill…no, he was pretty much a one hit wonder, right?

6. PE

PE

20 Dec 2007 @ 10:40 am

In terms of Dan Hill…no, he was pretty much a one hit wonder, right?

In this country, fortunately yes, but he’s still remarkably popular in his native Canada.

TrackBack URI

RSS feed for comments on this post

%d bloggers like this: