From the Lean Enterprise Institute:
- Are we all clear on what is really important for our organization in order to solve customer problems and succeed in the long term? (Or, stated another way, can we get past the merely urgent?)
- Are we agreed on what big problems we need to solve as a team?
- Are we sure what obstacles are in our way and their root causes?
- Have we — or will we now — assign responsibility for determining the best countermeasures and removing the obstacles?
- Critically important, do we have a way of surfacing and resolving all of the cross-function, cross-department conflicts that stand in the way of resolving all major problems in any multi-functional organization including ours?