What Would People Say?

12 Sep 2011 /

‘Spartacus’ star Andy Whitfield dies of lymphoma at 39

Whitfield’s wife, Vashti, in a statement called her husband a “beautiful young warrior” who died on a “sunny Sydney morning” in the “arms of his loving wife.”

Never heard of him. Also, his wife’s remarks are a tad self-serving, but they did get me to thinking what people would say in the event of my own untimely demise.

Best case: “He was a pain in the ass but at least he was interesting.”

More likely: “He was a pain in the ass. Once in a great while, he said something interesting. You had to wait for it.”

7 Comments on What Would People Say? »

1. MS

MS

18 Sep 2011 @ 10:54 pm

He was in “Spartacus: Blood and Sand” on STARZ. Lucy Lawless is on it also. For someone who is on the Internet so often, there are a surprising number of things/people you claim to never have heard of.

2. PE

PE

19 Sep 2011 @ 11:01 am

I’m not on the Internet to research TV programs.

3. MS

MS

19 Sep 2011 @ 4:45 pm

Neither am I, yet still I am exposed to them.

4. MS

MS

20 Sep 2011 @ 11:34 am

As are you, as evidenced by your original post quoting MSN announcing his death. So there.

5. PE

PE

20 Sep 2011 @ 4:25 pm

The MSN home page has lots of links to people I’ve never heard of getting married, getting divorced, having babies, appearing on reality shows or dying. I often click through on the ones about death. Sometimes it turns out the dead person was on a TV show.

I know Lucy Lawless though — Xena the Warrior Princess!

6. MS

MS

22 Sep 2011 @ 8:16 pm

Exactly. They also mention things like youngish stars who develop lymphoma and miss filming their new hit cable series. Yes, Xena…thought you’d remember her.

7. PE

PE

22 Sep 2011 @ 8:30 pm

I only click through when someone dies.

TrackBack URI

RSS feed for comments on this post

%d bloggers like this: