Maybe I’m thinking of Generalissimo Francisco Franco . . .
Notes from the Golden Orange
EppsNet Archive: Cuba
- Chuck Barris – TV host, “The Gong Show”
- Fidel Castro – Cuban dictator
- Richard Chamberlain – actor, “Dr. Kildare”
- Jules Feiffer – cartoonist, “The New Yorker”
- Rhonda Fleming – actress
- Pete Fountain – clarinetist
- Zsa Zsa Gabor – actress
- Dick Gregory – comedian
- Lee Iacocca – automobile manufacturer
- Dean Jones – actor
- Graham Kerr – The Galloping Gourmet
- Imelda Marcos – Philippine first lady
- I.M. Pei – architect
- “Little” Richard Penniman – rock ‘n’ roll pioneer
- Neil Simon – playwright, “The Odd Couple”
- Larry Storch – actor, “F-Troop”
- Rip Taylor – comedian
- Mel Tillis – country singer/songwriter
- Grant Tinker – TV executive, NBC
- Y. A. Tittle – Hall of Fame football player
- Claus von Bulow – acquitted attempted murder defendant
- Gene Wilder – actor, “Young Frankenstein”
- Chuck Yeager – test pilot
- Fidel Castro – died 11/25/2016, age 90
- Pete Fountain – died 8/6/2016, age 86
- Zsa Zsa Gabor – died 12/18/2016, age 99
- Dean Jones – died 9/2/2015, age 84
- Grant Tinker – died 11/29/2016, age 90
- Gene Wilder – died 8/29/2016, age 83
I still believe that capitalism is the most dangerous kind of future we can imagine.
Alternatives to capitalism have resulted in shortages, famine, mass murder and societal collapse (cf., Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, the Soviet Union, Communist China, North Korea, Cuba, Libya, Venezuela … I could go on and on but I think we both get the point).
Can anyone list a few capitalist countries where this has occurred? If not, what does the word “dangerous” mean in this context?
Angela Davis is now 70 years old. Can anyone list a few well-known Angela Davis-style radicals who lived a long life in any of the aforementioned countries?
Cuban Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez said in a televised press conference that Obama lied during the United Nations summit in Copenhagen and is making a habit of it after less than a year in office.
“He lies all the time, deceives with demagogic words, with profound cynicism,” Rodriguez told reporters.
“In this summit there was only an imperial, arrogant Obama who doesn’t listen, who imposes positions that even threaten developing countries,” he said.
Cuba joined Venezuela, Bolivia and and Nicaragua in opposing formal U.N. adoption of the deal which they and other developing nations saw as an imposition by powerful nations.
I AM SO ANGRY WITH GEORGE W BUSH ALEINATING FOREIGN LEDERS AND HARMING OUT INTERNATIONAL REPUTATION WITH HIS HIGH-HANDED TACITCIS TAHT I CANT EVEN THYPE
Wait — what? Oh okay, never mind . . .