Teaching Computer Science: Pro Tips for Finishing a Project
5 Mar 2015 / Paul Epps
- For many (most?) students doing an object-oriented development project for the first time, this assignment is too difficult to do without a lot of guidance. Therefore: ask for help early and often.
- If you wait till the night before a checkpoint, you won’t have enough time to finish and we won’t have enough time to help you effectively. Therefore: ask for help early and often.
- I’m seeing students struggling to write code that we’ve already given you. That’s not a good use of your time. Know what we’ve given you and use it.
- This is what your program needs to do: [Feature list goes here].
- Pick a feature and try to implement it (or part of it). If you can’t do it, come to class tomorrow and ask a question.
- Repeat Step 5 until done.
Why not be first?
RSS feed for comments on this post