Counter terrorism, like law enforcement, works best when everyone tiptoes around glaring demographic realities: pic.twitter.com/OluHudPBfp
— Conservative Pundit (@DemsRRealRacist) March 25, 2016
Notes from the Golden Orange
EppsNet Archive: Religion
And it came to pass after these things, that God tested Abraham and said unto him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Behold, here I am.” And He said, “Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah, and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.”
‘Schizophrenic’ nanny SMILES in Russian court after claiming ‘Allah ordered her’ to decapitate four-year-old girl and walk Moscow streets brandishing the child’s severed head – Daily Mail Online
India: 400 men cut off their testicles to ‘get closer to God’ following advice from ‘guru’ – International Business Times
God seems to enjoy the occasional game of Supernatural Simon Says:
Cut off your testicles.
Cut off your own fookin testicles, mate.
God says cut off your testicles.
Oh . . .
It’s hard to imagine the sense of infinite potential accompanying the arrival on the North American continent in the 1600s . . .
Roger Williams came to the Massachusetts Bay Colony in Boston from England. Four years later, in 1635, he was banished from the colony for, among other things, speaking out against the right of civil authorities to punish religious dissension.
After leaving Massachusetts, Williams, with the assistance of the Narragansett tribe, established a settlement near Narragansett Bay, located in present-day Rhode Island. He declared the settlement open to all those seeking freedom of conscience and the removal of the church from civil matters.
Williams named the community “Providence.”
How are these two ideas about Islam and Muslims, seemingly held simultaneously by a lot of people, not completely incompatible with each other:
- Islam is a religion of peace and Muslims are peaceful folks (e.g., Hillary Clinton: “Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people, and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism.”)
- We must be careful not to offend Muslims because if we do, they will kill us (e.g., Hillary Clinton: “They are going out to people showing videos of Donald Trump insulting Islam and Muslims in order to recruit more radical jihadists.”)
What am I missing?
Granting the existence of God, a house dedicated to Him naturally follows. He is all-important; it is fit that man should take some notice of Him. But why praise and flatter Him for His unspeakable cruelties? Why forget so supinely His failures to remedy the easily remediable? Why, indeed, devote the churches entirely to worship? Why not give them over, now and then, to justifiable indignation meetings?
When I look up, I see people cashing in. I don’t see heaven or saints or angels. I see people cashing in on every decent impulse and every human tragedy.
Outraged Christians boycott Starbucks over ‘politically correct’ Christmas red cup design — Mirror Online
There’s a line in an old Woody Allen movie: If Jesus came back and saw what’s going on in his name, he’d never stop throwing up.
If you disagree with these religious groups on a particular moral issue, they complain, they threaten you with a loss of money or votes or both. I’m frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in A, B, C, and D. Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?
Whenever I see headlines like this I wonder why God couldn’t find an atheist family to drop a concrete slab on. The infant, whose shirt appears to say KING JESUS, was also killed.
I will tell you how to achieve complete solitude. In the solitude that I am talking about, Thera, all that which is past must be relinquished. All that which is in the future must be relinquished. Desire and lust in the present must be fully mastered. This is the way, Thera, that the true ideal of solitude can be completely realized. . . . The sage who overcomes everything, who knows everything, who is attached to nothing, who is completely free because he has renounced everything, who is without thirst — he is the true sage. This man I call “one who lives alone.”
The Dalai Lama identified himself as a Marxist on Tuesday while addressing capitalism, discrimination and violence at a lecture on world peace in Kolkata, India. This is not the first time that the 14th Dalai Lama has spoken about his political leaning – in 2011 he said: “I consider myself a Marxist…but not a Leninist” when speaking at a conference in Minneapolis . . .
The Tibetan spiritual leader partly blamed capitalism for inequality and said he regarded Marxism as the answer: “In capitalist countries, there is an increasing gap between the rich and the poor. In Marxism, there is emphasis on equal distribution,” he said.
Hello, Dalai? An emphasis on equal distribution is not the same thing as equal distribution. In practice, there never seems to be equal distribution, because whoever gets to be in charge of actually distributing the goodies equally acquires a dictatorial level of power that would be wasted were it not used to make sure that most or all of the goodies get distributed to themselves and the people they like. This is followed by shortages, starvation and mass murder.
Regarding Brittany Maynard:
Suicide is not a good thing. It is a bad thing because it is saying no to life and to everything it means with respect to our mission in the world and toward those around us.
Huh? If you said the Monsignor, you are correct . . .
The lot that I usually park in at the high school was full this morning so I parked across the street at what looked like a large church. I checked in at the school office to make sure that was okay . . .
“I couldn’t find a space in the lot out front so I parked across the street,” I said to the woman at the desk. “Is that okay?”
“Did you park on the street or at the church?” she asked.
“I parked at the church . . . I asked myself, ‘What would Jesus do? Would he tow my car just because it doesn’t belong there?’ No, because he’s all about forgiveness and love.”
“Jesus doesn’t love you when you park in that lot. You need to move your car.”
What I want to know is why there are so many people who don’t want me to know things . . .
- What the 1% Don’t Want Us to Know
- Natural Cures “They” Don’t Want You to Know About
- 20 Terrifying Facts Food Companies Don’t Want You to Know
- 11 things the Koch brothers don’t want you to know
- What hospitals don’t want you to know about C-sections
- 5 Things Hackers Don’t Want You to Know
- The Sad Secret Successful People Don’t Want You To Know
- 7 Rip-Offs Corporations and the Wealthy Don’t Want You to Know About
- Something Most Christians Don’t Want You to Know
- 11 Secrets Supermarkets Don’t Want You to Know
- Conspiracies: Five things they don’t want you to know
- The 25 Shadiest Things Drug Companies Don’t Want You To Know
- 11 Secrets Pilots Don’t Want You To Know
- Bottled Water: 10 Shockers “They” Don’t Want You to Know
- Simple Health Secrets the Globalists Don’t Want You to Know
- Six things colleges don’t want you to know about financial aid
- What the bad guys don’t want you to know
- What Drug Companies Don’t Want You to Know
- 5 benefit changes the government don’t [sic] want you to know about
- Global warming: what the oil companies don’t want you to know
- 9 Things The Rich Don’t Want You To Know About Taxes
- 5 Scary Food Secrets Manufacturers Don’t Want You to Know
- Five Things They Don’t Want You to Know About Conspiracy Theories
- Tech Secrets: 21 Things ‘They’ Don’t Want You to Know
- The Secret Danger Liberals Don’t Want You to Know
- What Banks Don’t Want You to Know
- 6 Negotiating Secrets Buyers DON’T Want You to Know
- 10 Application Secrets Admissions Officers Don’t Want You to Know
- 8 Dirty Secrets the Car Insurance Companies Don’t Want You to Know
- What cruise lines don’t want you to know
- What bookies don’t want you to know about NFL underdogs
- 5 Secrets Politicians Don’t Want You to Know
And that doesn’t even include all the things that people “won’t tell me.”
Any time I see a person fleeing from reason and into religion, I think to myself, There goes a person who simply cannot stand being so goddamn lonely anymore. — Kurt Vonnegut
A woman on Facebook a couple of days ago asked everyone to pray for her seriously ill father. Today, he died. Go figure.
Had he made a miraculous recovery, we would have said that prayer “worked” . . . but what does it mean when you pray for someone to live and he dies?
I had a college professor . . . his exams were graded by a graduate assistant, but students had the option of appealing grades to the professor. That’s not unusual, but most professors will either raise the grade or leave it as is. This guy, however, would either raise the grade, leave it as is or lower it. Risky!
Maybe God operates on the same principle. When you put someone’s fate in his hands, he retains the option of saying “toodle-oo.”