My fellow Americans –
I thought Republicans would fare better than they did in the recent midterm elections. My reasoning was that Joe Biden and his administration have taken so much away from us that Americans would never vote to continue down the same path.
Some of my readers may be financially well-to-do. If you fall into that group, I ask that you consider some of what I’m about to say from the perspective of the majority of your countrymen who live near, at or below the median level of income.
Biden has taken away
- the ability to buy a tank of gas at an affordable price.
- the ability to buy groceries without gasping in shock at the total cost.
- the ability to retire comfortably. Retirement accounts have been drained due to the performance of the investment markets and inflation rates have gone through the roof. The ability to retire in poverty is still available, or people can just keep working and hope things get better.
- the ability to buy or sell a home. Inflation and interest rates have made home ownership impossible for most Americans.
- the ability of parents to supervise the education of their children without being treated like terrorists.
- freedom of speech
You Americans now are certainly much more tolerant of government incompetence and maltreatment than we were as colonists. Of course, we didn’t have elections at that time so we had to say “it stops here” in a more contentious manner.